Apply generously to body, face and scalp for sun protection. Use the included sponge applicator by patting first and then gently gliding across the face & body, or apply using a brush.
Aromatherapy is the practical use of pure essential oils. Essential oils have both an aromatic benefit from the plant but the oils also have such fantastic therapeutic properties that nature has given us to create some truly amazing products.
Apart from a great aroma and amazing sensory triggers, essential oils also have the ability to help restore balance.
Essential oils can come from many parts of plants such as roots, bark, flowers or seeds. Each essential oil has multiple properties, each has the ability to balance the skin, as a result essential oils are great to use and formulate into both skin and body care.
The majority of essential oils are antiseptics and bactericides, which means they inhibit the growth of bacteria, clearly a major concern in the home. The essential oils listed below have other properties too, some are anti-fungal and anti-viral. The following have been chosen for their prices as well as their power:
Although most essential oils have a therapeutic life of about two years the disinfectant qualities of eucalyptus oil actually improve with its age.
Here is a synergistic blend which I make up ready to use. It is extremely effective, being disinfectant and anti-bacterial, and leaves a delightful fragrance. Use it for all kitchen surfaces, including the floor, and also in a spray around the kitchen: 8 drops in 600ml of water. Keep the blend in a clean, brown glass bottle and store away from light and heat.
The clean kitchen synergistic blend – mix together in these proportions
Use the following oils in a hot bath. Lie back and inhale deeply: (dispense oil blend into the water with a large spoon of full fat milk)
Mix 2 drops of eucalyptus and 2 drops of lemon oil with 2 tablespoons of honey. Take 1 teaspoon of this and dilute in a wine-glass of warm water. Sip it slowly.
Massage over the back and chest with: (diluted in 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil)
For steam inhalation methods use 3 drops of lavender oil.
Earth consists of 80% water, our body consists of 80% water- is this a coincidence? We don’t think so. Seawater is a physiological serum containing all elements necessary for life. In fact, it is so close to the chemical composition of our blood plasma that white blood cells continue to live in seawater whereas they die in anther medium. The discovery of seawater’s healing powers date back to scientists’ history, but its quality is brought to perfection by freeze-drying into a white conglomerate. Oligomer is a great way to replenish your daily mineral intake, find balance and experience a sense off well being.
Phytomer Oligomer Pur Bath Sachet
Lymphatic Dry Brush
Phytomer Body Milk
The light citrus aroma of sweet orange and mandarin coupled with a fragrant hint of French lavender creates a soothing and relaxing effect to a tired body in this multi-use aromatherapy blend.
Suitable for all skin types. Especially beneficial for those experiencing physical or mental stress, anxiety, insomnia, muscle or joint discomfort or those in need of relaxation.
Benefits: The detoxinating effects of grapefruit help cleanse and detox the body encouraging a better energy flow. Relaxes and calms the mind and the senses.
Tension and stress are eased through this comforting aroma.
Key ingredients: The synergistic blend of mandarin, orange, lavender, marjoram, grapefruit, petitgrain and ylang ylang collectively calm the mind and strengthen the nervous system helping to restore balance and harmony.
For massage – Pump desired amount into hand and apply to body. Massage using firm flowing circular movements.
For bath – Add 4-6 pumps into bath water. Relax in bath for 5-10 minutes and follow with normal cleansing routine. After bath pat skin dry and follow with application of recommended Eve Taylor® Spa Body moisturiser.
For moisturiser – Add desired amount to recommended Eve Taylor® Spa Body moisturiser, blend together and apply to body in smooth upward movements.
At Margot’s we are happy to answer any of your questions and value your feedback. If you would like information and advice on the natural choice of Aromatherapy/essential oil for personal use and home care, please contact us. Essential oils and Eve Taylor Aromatherapy skin and body products are available at Margot European Spa for purchase.
Since early civilizations, humankind from every culture returns to the ocean for balance and well being. Scientific research has recently proven that seawater can indeed restore balance to an organism, something that cannot be offered anyplace else. Ocean water can offer this to us because it has a nearly identical chemical composition and concentration of minerals and trace elements to that found in our blood plasma. The human body is depleted of vital minerals on a daily basis and requires replenishment of minerals and trace elements in order to maintain proper cell function. When cell function is out of balance, nutrients are not absorbed properly and our immune system may be compromised. Understanding the unique nutrient composition of the ocean’s environment has been monumental for the skin care industry. Spa products that revolve around ocean based active ingredients bring the sea and it’s replenishing therapies into the spa and into your home.
Marine based ingredients offer multiple advantages to skin care; Re mineralizing the body with vital minerals and trace elements, detoxifying to expel metabolic waste, and assisting the skin to balance, repair and prevent aging. By simply adding a seawater concentrate to a hydrotherapy spa treatment (or your bath at home) you are recreating a sea environment which helps alleviate mental and physical fatigue, psoriasis, eczema, acne and dehydration. After just one bath or body wrap, you will notice a profound improvement with both physical and emotional well being, having flushed toxins and excess water retention out of the body. The use of marine based topical gels and creams also help minimize the appearance of cellulite, while firming and toning the epidermis, upper layers of the skin. This is all offered through different forms of sea algae plants and elements found in sea water.
It is important to do your research when choosing your products and treatments. Many cosmetic companies now offer algae and marine based products, yet the ingredients are not always active, and will not offer you the same results. Freeze drying methods will naturally preserve the active ingredients and ensure the properties are retained and the results are delivered. Location of harvesting is equally important, so that the product is not gathered from polluted waters or from inland algae farms. It is preferred to be from areas with large tidal fluctuations, such as the Brittany regions of France. Lastly, it is important that the manufacturer is not depleting the ocean of its resources and practices sustainable development.
Phytomer Corp on the Brittany coast of St. Malo, France has been the leader in researching and developing high quality marine based cosmetic products since the 1970’s. With annual government grants they are able to continue to patent ingredients and produce marine skin care which can successfully provide solutions to most skin care concerns. Marine biotechnology is providing the cosmetic industry with highly potent ingredients which cannot be acquired from any land based raw material and we hope for it to continue to be the future of skin care.
Hyper-pigmentation is a complex process but advances in science offer those affected with unwanted “dark spots” a real solution to lightening skin safely. Hyper-pigmentation is an over production of melanin in a localized area(s) and can occur for several reasons. The simplest cause is over exposure to UV light. However, for many it is due to a combination of hormonal imbalance and exposure to UV light. Often in women it occurs during pregnancy when hormonal levels are elevated. What’s interesting to know is hyper-pigmentation can also occur when an individual is exposed to high temperatures for long periods of time, like the heat levels in the dessert climates. Those who have no choice but to be outside in those temperatures have a very high probability of developing some hyper-pigmented areas. This is because the proteins that are responsible for initiating the melanin in the first place stem from the blood, and high temperatures cause us to have higher blood pressure. Just think how red our face gets when we are over heated.
For darker skin types it can occur for the same reason but even more easily as their skin already has a greater amount of melanin production. There are other causes such as medication or injuries. In some cases the hyper-pigment will subside during winter months when the skin is in less heat and UV light. For many others it does not fade. For these individuals a short term and long term prevention treatment should be developed according to their exact causes and skin type.
The concern is an overuse of treatments such as lasers with little operator knowledge, or prescriptions which have been overly used, causing further damage to the skin. It is best to start with a conservative approach that is a guaranteed safe. If desired, a person can always try more invasive treatments with some risks.
Fortunately, much research has been dedicated to understanding the biological phases of how this occurs and how active ingredients can inhibit and lighten the unnatural darkened pigment. Even more exciting is the breakthroughs in DNA cellular repair. This helps the skin to react properly and offers more “anti-aging” benefits beyond just hyper-pigment. The key is finding a facility that really understands the conditions on all skin types and has the expertise to develop a customized program
Our first defense is using a UVA & UVB broad-spectrum protection. This means both physical chemical blocks are blended for maximum protection of damaging UV rays. Constant Re-applying is important but only practical if one is outside during a recreational activity. For a typical day that might involve driving kids to and from school, health club, trip to the food market or a drive to the office, the key is layering, just like keeping warm in the winter.
There are so many choices; unfortunately the vast majority of over the counter cosmetic creams can’t deliver the same results as higher quality ingredients. So, ask questions and be sure and select an expert!
Detoxification is performed by a number of organs, glands and transportation systems including the skin, liver, kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system and mucous membranes. Dry brushing stimulates the organs of detoxification to function more efficiently which has a myriad of benefits for the body:
1) Dry brushing cleans the lymphatic system. Lymph is part of our immune system and is made of white blood cells called lymphocytes and the interstitial fluid that bathe our cells, bringing them nutrients and removing their waste. All detoxification occurs first and foremost through the lymph. Our bodies contain far more lymph than blood, so you can see how important this is.
2) Dry brushing removes dead skin layers. Dry skin brushing helps shed dead skin cells, which can help improve skin texture and cellular renewal. Dry skin can be a sign of detoxification; therefore it’s good to keep the process going by removing the dead skin daily. If this does not occur regularly, a buildup of dead skin cells and lead to eczema, psoriasis and dandruff, in addition to blocking the skin’s regular excretions like sweat.
3) Dry brushing strengthens the immune system. Dry skin brushing may reduce duration of infection and accelerate the clearing of toxins. It helps support the immune system during treatments for cancer and other chronic illnesses (but always check with your health care provider). By stimulating the lymph vessels to drain toxic mucoid matter into the organs of detoxification, we can purify the entire system. After several days of dry brushing, sometimes you may notice a gelatinous mucoid material in your stools. This is a normal sign that the intestinal tract is renewing itself.
4) Dry brushing stimulates the hormone and oil glands, thus helping all of the body systems perform at peak efficiency. The skin is your body’s largest organ. When improperly maintained, the elimination duties of the skin are forced upon the kidneys. So, give your kidneys a break—keep your skin clean and rejuvenated. Bathe daily and dry brush beforehand to help stimulate blood flow to the surface so toxins can more readily escape.
5) Dry brushing tones the muscles. Dry skin brushing helps muscle tone by stimulating the nerve endings which causes the individual muscle fibers to activate and move. It also helps mobilize fat and helps to even distribution of fat deposits. This is a great technique for those with limited mobility.
6) Dry brushing stimulates circulation. Our skin breathes! However for most people this vital route of detoxification is operating far below its capacity because it is clogged with dead skin cells and the un-removed waste excreted through perspiration. Dry skin brushing increases circulation to skin, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes. Increased blood flow begins entering the areas brushed and you will experience an increase in electromagnetic energy that helps you to feel energized and invigorated. By activating the circulation you also help prevent varicose veins.
7) Dry brushing increases skin functions. Dry brushing helps your skin respire by eliminating clogged pores. Healthy, breathing skin contributes to overall body health. When you brush, the pores of your skin open allowing your skin to absorb nutrients and eliminate toxins. Clogged pores are not just a cosmetic concern. Healthy, breathing skin contributes to overall body health.
8) Dry brushing helps reduce cellulite. Improving cellulite is one of the main reasons people look into dry brushing. Toxins are often trapped in the subcutaneous later of fat cells just beneath the skin which contributes to cellulite (in addition to other health concerns). Cellulite is unattractive but also very difficult to affect. Dry brushing is a cheap and non-invasive way to improve the appearance of your skin in addition to the many health benefits it provides.
Always dry brush your dry body before you shower or bathe because you will want to wash off the impurities from the skin as a result of the brushing action. The brush should be dry and your skin should be dry.
Ideally you want to brush from toes to neck because most of the lymph in your body drains to a central area near your collar bone.
The entire body should be brushed, including your back, but skip the face and scalp. Use long sweeping strokes starting from the bottom of your feet upwards, and from the hands towards the shoulders, and on the torso in an upward direction to help drain the lymph back towards your heart.
Note: Stroking away from your heart can put extra pressure on the valves within the veins and lymph vessels and over time may lead to ruptured vessels and varicose veins.